Which Userland Interface for USB Video Class Driver? (fwd)

Intron is my alias on the Internet intron at intron.ac
Mon Sep 22 12:33:28 UTC 2008

I would write/port a driver for USB video class for FreeBSD's new USB
stack (usb2). OpenBSD and NetBSD both has had their own implementations
for the device class as some people referred to recently. But which
userland interface, bktr(4) or V4L2, should I use for the driver? I have
noticed that Julian has done some work for V4L2:

http://perforce.freebsd.org/depotTreeBrowser.cgi?FSPC=//depot/user/julian/julian%5fv4l/sys/dev/video/framework&HIDEDEL=NO

But I wonder how soon Julian's code can be committed into the main source
tree. I wouldn't see the driver sleeps outside the main source tree.