snd_hda UAA patch second preview

George Hartzell hartzell at alerce.com
Sat Sep 6 04:05:41 UTC 2008

Alexander Motin writes:
 > George Hartzell wrote:
 > > Alexander Motin writes:
 > >  > George Hartzell wrote:
 > >  > > I cvsup'ed my -STABLE mac pro amd64 this afternoon, applied
 > >  > > hda.7.20080828.patch, rebuilt everything.
 > >  > >
 > >  > > Sound no longer works.
 > >  > >
 > >  > > Sndstat is available at:
 > >  > >  http://shrimp.alerce.com/macpro/hda.7.20080828.patch.sndstat
 > >  > > verbose dmesg is at:
 > >  > >  http://shrimp.alerce.com/macpro/hda.7.20080828.patch.dmesg-out
 > >  >
 > >  > I have just uploaded fresh version with several fixes which also may fix
 > >  > this. Try it please.
 > >  >
 > >  > > I tried it both with and without
 > >  > >
 > >  > >  hint.hdac.0.config="gpio1"
 > >  > >
 > >  > > I also get [GIANT] in my sndstat output.
 > >  >
 > >  > I hope I have fixed this also at last.
 > >  >
 > >  > --
 > >  > Alexander Motin
 > >  >

 > > Still no sound.  The sndstat output now says [MPSAFE] though.
 > >
 > > http://shrimp.alerce.com/macpro/hda.7.20080901.patch.dmesg-verbose
 > > http://shrimp.alerce.com/macpro/hda.7.20080901.patch.sndstat
 >
 > As I can see Linux ALSA driver sets both gpio0 and gpio1 for ALC885 on
 > MacPro. Have you tried to do in also?
 >
 > Also there is next 20080903 patch revision. Differences are minor, but
 > present.

I tried 20080905.  W/ gpio0 set, I get sound out of the builtin
speaker.  With gpio0 and gpio1 set I get sound out of the builtin
speaker.  With only gpio1 set I get no sound.

More info at:

  http://shrimp.alerce.com/macpro/hda.7.20080905.patch.dmesg-verbose
  http://shrimp.alerce.com/macpro/hda.7.20080905.patch.sndstat

g.