About the new hda patch

Henry Hu henry.hu.sh at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 15:43:49 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm using the patch version 20080904 with 7-STABLE.
After one patch version (I suppose it was 20080901), I found that my
"vol" volume control has lost its function.
In the past, the sound volume was determined by the "vol" and "pcm",
they both have effects. If "vol" * "mul" < 100, there were no sound.
Now, the volume is solely determined by "pcm", and "vol" only
determines if the sound is muted.
Now, if "pcm" < 3, I cannot hear anything. If "vol" is 0, there is no
sound. But the effect of "vol" == 1 is the same as "vol" == 100.
So maybe there's something changed about volume handling in the
driver? I can't determine which way is better, as the old way has
thousands of levels available, there is only almost one hundred now.
My codec is ALC262 under Intel 82801H(ich8).

Best Regards,
Henry