Intel 82801I hda, STAC9271D codec: problem(s)

Alexander Motin mav at FreeBSD.org
Thu Nov 13 03:54:15 PST 2008

Andriy Gapon wrote:
> Just in case: in Linux code I see that they route 3 possible inputs to
> three different ADCs (nids 7,8,9) and then provide three different
> volume controls:
> http://lxr.linux.no/linux+v2.6.27.5/sound/pci/hda/patch_sigmatel.c#L891
> Maybe this could be useful for mixing together different inputs.
> Personally I don't have any need for this.

Using device.hints you can do the same - route different inputs to the
different ADCs. It will give you several PCM devices with independent
controls. Driver does not implement any mixing/switching for this case.
Now it supports only real hardware mixing/switching.

--
Alexander Motin