faad/faac and drm

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Sun Jan 27 15:05:59 PST 2008

On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 15:25:50 -0600, Diane Bruce <db at db.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Following up on my own post..

>> > Nope, it will be worst problem. Best solution is to fix faad+drm by
>> figure
>> > why it breaks other popular applications (ex: mplayer).
>
> aac generated by iTunes on an OSX system works just fine on xmms with
> the xmms-faad plug in. mplayer here does not seem to be linked with faad
>
> I need to be able to replicate this bug. And it really should be a
> proper PR now. I'd like  -with-drm readded myself ;-)
>
> Could someone file a proper PR with known test cases that fail?

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-multimedia/2007-November/007666.html

It seems like the most problem is in faac+drm rather than faad+drm? Or
maybe both. There are more topics in freebsd-ports that I can't find. Our
mailing list search engine sucks. Maybe try to search in google.

Cheers,
Mezz

> - Diane
> --
> - db at FreeBSD.org db at db.net http://www.db.net/~db

FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)
http://wiki.freebsd.org/multimedia  -  multimedia at FreeBSD.org