Flash plugin on 7.0, what are my options?

Baldur Gislason baldur at foo.is
Mon Jan 14 03:09:14 PST 2008

On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 04:55:09AM -0600, eculp wrote:
> Quoting Alexander Leidinger <Alexander at Leidinger.net>:
>
> >Quoting Marcus Alves Grando <mnag at FreeBSD.org> (from Mon, 14 Jan
> >2008 00:06:09 -0200):

> >>I don't know about linuxpluginwrapper, but
> >>www/nspluginwrapper+www/linux-flashplugin7+www/firefox work's fine on
> >>mostly cases.
> >
> >If you run the 32bit version of FreeBSD. For 64bit I would be
> >surprised if it works (flashplugin is 32bit, and the native firefox
> >would be 64bit, this doesn't work together, you could try with
> >linux-firefox in this case, as it is 32bit too).
>
> Thanks for the tip Alexander.  Linux-firefox does start flash on
> youtube.com for example but crashes within a few seconds on AMD64 for
> me.  This could be a problem with the linux and linux kernels that I'm
> using.  I'm going to keep trying to get a wining combination and this
> could be a start.

I had that same problem on linux-firefox and linux-flashplugin9, I'm running
FreeBSD/i386 on an Intel Core 2 Quad.
I did get nspluginwrapper working with linux-flashplugin7 on firefox
but flash7 is ancient and very few web sites work with it today.
flashplugin9 almost works, has some quirks, like on youtube
the flash object will go grey sometimes.

Baldur