multimedia/ffmpeg symbol build

Andreas Hermann Braml a.strich.b at web.de
Wed Aug 20 09:01:42 UTC 2008

Hi!

On Wednesday 20 August 2008 06:40:51 you wrote:
> The _g binaries aren't installed by the port, and were stripped anyway,
> even with WITH_DEBUG defined.  Anyhoo, I've submitted a change-request PR
> with a Makefile patch for quick and dirty symbol build support.  Hopefully
> it will be approved and in the tree soon.

Wait, I remember something (from my Gentoo days). There was a policy that
MPlayer upstream did ignore any bugs filed against the Gentoo build of MPlayer
(which uses ffmpeg libraries) due to Gentoo's brave compiler flags. Perhaps the
ffmpeg developers treat bugs against the FreeBSD port the same way? I really
don't know, but it might be better to check with the ffmpeg devs first?

pseudoruprecht

P.S No need to CC me, I'm on the list ;)
--
"Verbal messages cause misunderstanding and delays
(Please put them in writing)"