For those using PVR-XXX

Jim Stapleton stapleton.41 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 12:35:43 UTC 2008

you can just do:

alias channel='pvr250-setchannel -m # -t '

where # is the number of your country code:
  -m    Select channel set / system.
          0 = Tuner Default
          1 = US Broadcast / NTSC
          2 = US Cable / NTSC
          4 = Western Europe / PAL
          5 = Japan Broadcast / NTSC
          6 = Japan Cable / NTSC
          8 = Australia / PAL
          9 = France / SECAM

then you just type 'channel 44', for example, if you want channel 44.

-Jim Stapleton