For those using PVR-XXX

Jeff jeff at doeshosting.com
Tue Apr 15 08:00:13 UTC 2008

I made a lil script to help me be lazier while changing channels.  I
do not have a remote anymore, so I must do it at console.  In case
anyone is going to make something similar for themselves, here is
mine so you do not need to:

it expects a file in the same dir named chaninput containing only the
following:
<channel number>  <frequency>
for example:
2 55.25
3 61.25
4 67.25

the script is as follows:

#!/bin/sh
start=`head -n1 chaninput|awk '{print $1}'`
finish=`tail -n1 chaninput|awk '{print $1}'`
echo "echo \"What channel do you want?\" " > channel-change.sh
echo "echo \"Please choose a number between $start and ${finish}\" "
 >>channel-change.sh
echo "read chan" >> channel-change.sh
echo "case \$chan in" >> channel-change.sh
for i in `cat chaninput|awk '{print $1}'`
do
         echo "  ${i}) " >>channel-change.sh
         freq=`grep -w -e ^${i} chaninput|awk '{print $2}'` >>channel-
change.sh
         echo "  pvr250-setchannel $freq " >>channel-change.sh
         echo "  ;; " >>channel-change.sh
done
         echo "esac" >>channel-change.sh
chmod +x channel-change.sh

It then outputs a script named channel-change.sh which is ready to
change channels for you.
I did not make this for real public release, mainly because it is so
simple, but I figure maybe someone besides myself would get use from it.

-krzee