No sound on HP nx6325

Ariff Abdullah ariff at FreeBSD.org
Tue Sep 18 09:26:11 PDT 2007

On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 16:42:08 +0200
Michele Heurs <michele.heurs at aei.mpg.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have downloaded the binary modules from Ariff (dated July 12th) to
> get the sound working on my HP Compaq nx6325. However, the sound
> driver still doesn't attach:
>
> pcm0: <ATI SB450 High Definition Audio Controller> mem
> 0xd4408000-0xd440bfff irq 16 at device 20.2 on pci0
> pcm0: hdac_mem_alloc: Unable to allocate memory resource
> device_attach: pcm0 attach returned 6
>
> pciconf -vl:
>
> pcm0 at pci0:20:2: class=0x040300 card=0x103c30b0 chip=0x437b1002
> rev=0x01 hdr=0x00
>      vendor     = 'ATI Technologies Inc'
>      class      = multimedia
>
> Disabling acpi doesn't change anything.
>
> Any hints what to do about this? Thanks in advance!
> Bye,
>     Michèle

See http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/111767 , and try
to follow what being suggested there to help debugging this.

Apparently, few users with this laptop reported being able to make it
work with FreeBSD 5.x/i386 + my binary modules for releng5 (which is
why I still provide it).

--
Ariff Abdullah
FreeBSD

... Recording in stereo is obviously too advanced
    and confusing for us idiot ***** users :P ........