UPnP on FreeBSD

morganw morganw at relinetworks.com
Thu Sep 6 18:35:59 PDT 2007

On Thu, 6 Sep 2007, M. Warner Losh wrote:

> I'm having a run of bad luck.  Maybe you can help.  I'm trying to
> setup a UPnP Media Server on my amd64 server running FreeBSD.  I've
> tried mediavault, but it core dumps right away.  I've tried building a
> couple that depend on devel/upnp, but I get a not for this
> architecture error (and a build error once I get past that).
>
> So rather than invest a ton of time into this, I thought I'd ask here
> what are people using?  I have a N770 that I'd like to be my Media
> Player so I can listen to my CD collection wirelessly while I'm around
> the house.

Mediavault? I run mediaTOMB on -stable/amd64. However, you cannot use it
with libthr, as it will immediately crash. It works quite well with
sqlite3. I think I might have had to build sqlite3 *without* thread
support -- it isn't linked against a threading library at least. Try it
both ways before giving up, though.