HDTV tuners

Da Rock rock_on_the_web at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 30 14:11:57 PST 2007

Having not had too much success with the hybrid tuner from AVerMedia (which I have not heard from so I call for a boycott!) I'm looking to resolve my TV troubles quickly with a new card (not that I'm giving up on this card- I need it for when I go on holidays with my laptop). I'm currently looking at a Leadtek Winfast DTV1000s HDTV card, and I know that the bktr driver says it can handle Leadtek, but I was looking for some confirmation out there with anyone who has this card as to how effective it is?

I'm also looking at a TV2000XP-Expert analogue card to pick up old analogue signals so I could use some confirmation on this one too.

Thanks for any help- if you have any other recommendations it would be helpful too (so I don't go too far down the wrong track).

Cheers