snd_hda(4): headphone not detected

Ariff Abdullah ariff at FreeBSD.org
Mon Nov 19 05:29:14 PST 2007

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 10:54:01 -0200
Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira <lioux-list at uol.com.br> wrote:
> Ariff Abdullah wrote:
> > On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 15:44:29 -0200
> > Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira <lioux at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> 	I own a Toshiba Satellite A135-S4527 laptop with a snd_hda(4)
> >> audio device
> >>
> >> pcm0 at pci0:0:27:0:       class=0x040300 card=0xff011179
> >> chip=0x27d88086 rev=0x02 hdr=0x00
> >>     vendor     = 'Intel Corporation'
> >>     device     = '82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio'
> >>     class      = multimedia
> >>
> >> running FreeBSD 7-STABLE
> >>
> >> FreeBSD nexxus.fedaykin.here 7.0-BETA2 FreeBSD 7.0-BETA2 #7: Thu
> >Nov > 15 14:02:59 BRST 2007
> >lioux at nexxus:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/LIOUX  > i386
> >>
> >> 	Sound is working through the laptop speakers. However, I
> >> do get any sound on the headphone jack. The driver does not seem
> >> to be able to detect the headphone jack. Headphone jack works as
> >> expected under Windows Vista though.
> >>
> >> 	I am attaching all the information I could gather. Let me
> >> know if there is anything I can do to help.
> >>
> >> 	Regards,
> >>

> > Try various configuration options of "ovref" or "gpio" through
> > hint.pcm.%d.config .
>
>    Somehow a cvsup src got it all going. With some random luck,
> headphone is working though there is no mention of it in the mixer.
> Only  the standard pcm, vol, rec, mic. Furthermore, connecting the
> headphone  does not disable the speakers. I did not need to set any
> hint.pcm.0.config options to get it working.
>
>    Any ideas on the lack of mention on mixer or headphone jack not
> disabling the speakers?

The driver need to handle all these kind of plug in/out events, that's
for sure.

Try this one (-> sys/dev/sound/pci/hda/hdac.c):

  http://people.freebsd.org/~ariff/test/hdac.c

--
Ariff Abdullah
FreeBSD

... Recording in stereo is obviously too advanced
    and confusing for us idiot ***** users :P ........