snd_hda(4): headphone not detected

Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira lioux-list at uol.com.br
Mon Nov 19 04:55:26 PST 2007

Ariff Abdullah wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 15:44:29 -0200
> Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira <lioux at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> 	I own a Toshiba Satellite A135-S4527 laptop with a snd_hda(4)
>> audio device
>>
>> pcm0 at pci0:0:27:0:       class=0x040300 card=0xff011179
>> chip=0x27d88086 rev=0x02 hdr=0x00
>>     vendor     = 'Intel Corporation'
>>     device     = '82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio'
>>     class      = multimedia
>>
>> running FreeBSD 7-STABLE
>>
>> FreeBSD nexxus.fedaykin.here 7.0-BETA2 FreeBSD 7.0-BETA2 #7: Thu Nov
>> 15 14:02:59 BRST 2007     lioux at nexxus:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/LIOUX
>> i386
>>
>> 	Sound is working through the laptop speakers. However, I
>> do get any sound on the headphone jack. The driver does not seem
>> to be able to detect the headphone jack. Headphone jack works as
>> expected under Windows Vista though.
>>
>> 	I am attaching all the information I could gather. Let me
>> know if there is anything I can do to help.
>>
>> 	Regards,
>>

> Try various configuration options of "ovref" or "gpio" through
> hint.pcm.%d.config .

   Somehow a cvsup src got it all going. With some random luck,
headphone is working though there is no mention of it in the mixer. Only
the standard pcm, vol, rec, mic. Furthermore, connecting the headphone
does not disable the speakers. I did not need to set any
hint.pcm.0.config options to get it working.

   Any ideas on the lack of mention on mixer or headphone jack not
disabling the speakers?

   Regards,

--
Mario S F Ferreira - DF - Brazil - "I guess this is a signature."
feature, n: a documented bug | bug, n: an undocumented feature