GOPchop replacement?

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Mon May 28 05:22:11 UTC 2007

On Sun, 27 May 2007 23:37:09 -0500, M. Warner Losh <imp at bsdimp.com> wrote:

> I'm looking to do non-linear editing, clip extraction, etc from a set
> of videos I've shot.  These videos are from a DV camera, and I've
> processed them down into MPEG2 format for DVDs.  I no longer have the
> DV originals.  I was wondering if there's any good non-linear editor
> for these things.  So far the best thing I've found is GOPchop, which
> is still extremely primitive.  Are there any others?  There's many in
> the multimedia category that look like they might do the trick, but so
> far I've come up empty.

Maybe this URL will helping you to find a better one.

http://freshmeat.net/browse/256/

Which is better one? I have no idea. So far from what I see in the
screenshots: avidemux and PiTiVi look cool for GTK+2 or GNOME users, and
Kdenlive and Kfilm for KDE or QT users.

Cheers,
Mezz

> This is on FreeBSD/amd64 running current.
>
> Warner

FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)
http://wiki.freebsd.org/multimedia  -  multimedia at FreeBSD.org