How to switch Audigy in analog mode (emu10kx from CURRENT)?

Yuriy Tsibizov Yuriy.Tsibizov at gfk.ru
Fri Mar 16 07:08:00 UTC 2007

> Hello all,
>
> I used to use audio/emu10kx on 6-STABLE. There was emuctrl utility to
> switch Audigy card into analog mode.
>
> Now I'm using emu10kx version from 7-CURRENT and I can't
> figure out how
> to do the same. There are several sysctls [1] under
> dev.emu10kx but none
> seems to be appropriate.

> I'm using 'single channel' version (i.e. without
> SND_EMU10KX_MULTICHANNEL).

Karol, there should be no difference between card 'digital' and 'analog'
modes
in single-channel version. 'analog'/'digital' mode switch controls
format of data on 'digital output' jack
that can also used as 'analog center/subwoofer' output (in 'analog'
mode).

If there was some other difference (between 'analog' and 'digital') with
version from ports, can you describe it?

Yuriy.