Audio driver template

John-Mark Gurney gurney_j at resnet.uoregon.edu
Tue Jul 10 02:09:22 UTC 2007

Christopher Davis wrote this message on Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 11:47 -0700:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~cg/template.c
>
> Thought I would take a look at the audio driver template as
> part of my task to modernize drivers, soc2007. I would simplify
> the read and write functions to avoid using the bus tag and
> handle, but I'm not sure what else to do to bring it up to date.
>
> How else can it be improved?

Use bus_alloc_resources instead of using bus_alloc_resource...
Maybe use pci_enable_busmaster and friends instead of using
pci_write_config...  (In the future for suspend/resume, I would hope
our pci layer would save the state, which it might not if you write
directly to the config registers.)

You should also use bus_get_dma_tag for getting the parent tag when
creating your own tag w/ bus_dma_tag_create...

Can't think of any others right now...

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579