Audio driver template

Hans Petter Selasky hselasky at c2i.net
Mon Jul 9 20:39:17 UTC 2007

On Monday 09 July 2007 20:47, Christopher Davis wrote:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~cg/template.c
>
> Thought I would take a look at the audio driver template as
> part of my task to modernize drivers, soc2007. I would simplify
> the read and write functions to avoid using the bus tag and
> handle, but I'm not sure what else to do to bring it up to date.
>
> How else can it be improved?

Regarding echo cancelling, you should add some code that time-stamps the audio
data, and computes the current number of bytes in the RX/TX FIFOs!

Look at the exported functions in the Echo Canceller for I4B:

http://www.turbocat.net/~hselasky/isdn4bsd/sources/src/sys/i4b/layer1/i4b_echo_cancel.c

The echo canceller above is a work in progress.

--HPS