snd_envy24(4) and snd_envy24ht(4) MFC

Philipp Ost pj at smo.de
Sun Jan 21 21:54:34 UTC 2007

Scott Spare wrote:
> In reference to the snd_envy24 drivers and card, I have an M-Audio
> Audiophile 192 which I will be very happy to test new drivers on or to get
> hardware info as needed.

I have a Terratec Phase 22 which I almost got to work properly on
6.2-STABLE. The only thing that's missing is a better integration with
mixer(8) which causes the following problem:
The system recognizes the card, but I can't hear anything because the
card is muted in some way... Changing the values of vol, pcm or line
doesn't change anything; if I attempt to change some of the other mixer
devices I get:

$ mixer $dev 100
Setting the mixer $dev from 0:0 to 100:100.
mixer: WRITE_MIXER: Device not configured
$

I could try to run that card on -CURRENT, but I don't expect it to be
any better ;)

I suspect a lack of more mixer devices (especially 'mix') to be the main
source of this problem; it could be easily fixed by adding those mixer
devices to the driver(s). Alas, I'm not able to do it myself as I don't
know C/C++ that good and I don't have that much free time (I'm preparing
for university-entrance diploma...).

If there are any patches available (I don't mind if they are for
-CURRENT or -STABLE :>), I'm happy to test them ;)

If you need more information (about the card, the setup, dmesg,...) just
ask ;)

Regards,
Philipp
--