snd_hda on HP DC7700 SFF

Ariff Abdullah ariff at FreeBSD.org
Thu Dec 13 06:04:05 PST 2007

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 10:03:19 -0200
"Carlos A. M. dos Santos" <unixmania at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a HP Compaq dc7700 Small Form Factor PC, as described here:
>
> http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF05a/12454-12454-64287-321860-3328898-3232029.html?jumpid=oc_R1002_USENC-001_HP%20Compaq%20dc7700%20Small%20Form%20Factor%20PC&lang=en&cc=us
>
> (sorry for the lengthy URL)
>
> The subvendor ID of this machine is 0x2801, not 0x2802 as expected
> by the code in hdac.c. Also, sound usually is sento to the internal
> speaker, as long as the phone and line outputs. I was able to make
> it work better using the attached patch.

I can see that with this patch, you can control headphone volume
through "phout", am I correct (or, is that what you call better) ?

> Perhaps there is a more elegant way to do this, so I'd like do hear
> some opinions before submitting a PR.

No, please, no more PR :) If things can be solved here, no need for
PR.

> I can run other tests on my machine, if necessary.

If it is good enough for you, I guess it must be enough for others
(with simmilar hardware) as well.

Thanks for the patch :)

--
Ariff Abdullah
FreeBSD

... Recording in stereo is obviously too advanced
    and confusing for us idiot ***** users :P ........