snd_hda on HP DC7700 SFF

Carlos A. M. dos Santos unixmania at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 04:30:41 PST 2007

Hi,

I have a HP Compaq dc7700 Small Form Factor PC, as described here:

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF05a/12454-12454-64287-321860-3328898-3232029.html?jumpid=oc_R1002_USENC-001_HP%20Compaq%20dc7700%20Small%20Form%20Factor%20PC&lang=en&cc=us

(sorry for the lengthy URL)

The subvendor ID of this machine is 0x2801, not 0x2802 as expected by
the code in hdac.c. Also, sound usually is sento to the internal
speaker, as long as the phone and line outputs. I was able to make it
work better using the attached patch. Perhaps there is a more elegant
way to do this, so I'd like do hear some opinions before submitting a
PR. I can run other tests on my machine, if necessary.

Please answer directly to me because I don't subscribe the list.

--
Carlos A. M. dos Santos