kern/84311: [sound] 82801FB/FR/FW/FRW Intel High Definition Audio not detected in FreeBSD up to 7-current

Jason Boisvert jboisvert at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 22:50:13 UTC 2007

The following reply was made to PR kern/84311; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Jason Boisvert" <jboisvert at gmail.com>
To: "Ariff Abdullah" <ariff at freebsd.org>
Cc: bug-followup at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: kern/84311: [sound] 82801FB/FR/FW/FRW Intel High Definition Audio not detected in FreeBSD up to 7-current
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 17:14:12 -0500

 Hi Guys,

 It turns out that I've moved recently, and I'm no longer managing that
 machine for my colleague.

 As it turns out, the oss v4.0 build available at the following website worked:
 http://4front-tech.com/.

 It wasn't precisely user-friendly and didn't play well with kde, but
 it worked to get sound on the machine.

 Thanks for getting back to me.

 Jason