HEADS UP: Last call for snd_hda(4) testers - High Definition Audio driver

Ariff Abdullah ariff at FreeBSD.org
Fri Sep 29 12:37:17 PDT 2006

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 19:16:03 +0000
"Dennis Melentyev" <dennis.melentyev at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2006/9/28, Ariff Abdullah <ariff at freebsd.org>:
>
> > As suggested by netchild@, please report your success or failure
> > like this to freebsd-multimedia at FreeBSD.org:
> >
> Success
> -------
> Hardware/chipset: Dell Inspirion 1300 / STAC9220
>
>           Playback: Works flawlessly, including volume regulation
>           and
> headphones reaction
>         Recording: Doesn't work at all. Just noise with distinct
> cracking sound at the beginning.
>
> Specific Issues: mic does not appear in recording sources list.
> Setting rec src to any available device (vol, line) does not change
> anything. Moreover, first time I boot the new driver mixer shows mic
> as a rec source, while there is no such device in list.
> Verbose dmesg is attached.
>
> Special request: please do not kill me dumping my dmesgs back upon
> my head :) PS. Does "not supporting recording on some HW" mean Dell
> I1300? --
> Dennis Melentyev

Thanks :) and don't worry. The "death threat" are for those lazy bums
during lazy weekend.

Have fun. I'll fix the recording issue some other day.

--
Ariff Abdullah
FreeBSD

... Recording in stereo is obviously too advanced
    and confusing for us idiot ***** users :P ........