Problems with -current + HDA + new Dell D620

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Sat Nov 4 08:35:00 UTC 2006

Howdy,

I have a shiny new Dell Latitude D620 with the dreaded Intel HDA. The
good news is that the driver in -current works, and prints this in dmesg:

pcm0: <Intel 82801G High Definition Audio Controller> mem
0xefffc000-0xefffffff irq 21 at device 27.0 on pci0
pcm0: <HDA Codec: Sigmatel STAC9220>
pcm0: <HDA Driver Revision: 20061017_0033>

More good news, "regular" sound works, I can play wav files, etc. What
is weird is that I get no sound from the CD drive when I have an audio
CD in it, although I DO get sound when I play a DVD using xine. There
is also no cd entry in the mixer. Any ideas?

Doug

PS, please cc me on replies.