ekiga conflict

Mon May 29 13:16:11 PDT 2006

Quoting Sandor Z Nemeth <nemeths at for.mat.bham.ac.uk> (Mon, 29 May 2006 14:47:20 +0100 (BST)):

> Also, ekiga cannot read from the sound device /dev/dsp0.0. It seems that
> no telephony program works for me (I tried both "ekiga" and "skype").
> People cannot hear me and I cannot hear them. However, I have sound on my
> system, and I can also record voice with audacity. I have no idea what's
> going wrong. I have a "Creative Sound Blater Live 24! external" sound
> card.

USDB audio doesn't do full-duplex. You can either read or write to the
soundcard, but not both. If you have a uhci controller, you can patch
the source to allow both. I suggest to search in the multimedia
mailinglist for this, I don't know it out of the top of my head where
you can find the part which needs to be patched.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Selling GoodYear Eagle F1 235/40ZR18, 2x 4mm + 2x 5mm, ~150 EUR
you have to pick it up between Germany/Saarland and Luxembourg/Capellen