RealVideo reverse proxy

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Tue Mar 7 11:46:47 PST 2006

A customer of ours has a requirement to do some very infrequent real
video broadcasting using Sony Anycast equipment.  Is there any way on
FreeBSD to act as a reverse proxy for them ?

Ideally, I would like to setup something like

Sony Anycast video
that puts out  ---------DSL------FreeBSD server---- multiple clients
viewing the stream via the FreeBSD server
RealVideo

Where ideally, I would like reverse proxy the stream on the FreeBSD
box which has proper bandwidth to the outside world.  Is this
possible on FreeBSD ?  If so, what are you using ?

         ---Mike

Mike Tancsa,                                      tel +1 519 651 3400
Sentex Communications,                            mike at sentex.net
Providing Internet since 1994                    www.sentex.net
Cambridge, Ontario Canada                         www.sentex.net/mike