ports/86899: multimedia/mjpegtools - lavplay/glav claims "No video source!"

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Thu Jun 29 20:37:06 UTC 2006

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 13:18:46 -0500, Adam K Kirchhoff <adamk at voicenet.com>
wrote:

> Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>> On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 12:48:33 -0500, Adam K Kirchhoff
>> <adamk at voicenet.com> wrote:

>>> No luck, but I wasn't really expecting it to work.  I've experienced
>>> this problem on both a dual P3 and an AthlonXP, in addition to this
>>> machine.
>>
>> Strange. Do your other machines have gtk enable? Only thing that
>> difference from your and mine is that I don't enable gtk stuff. Did
>> you tweak any option in aviplay? I don't know if your avi needs
>> aviplay, but asking in case.
>>

> I can't get access to them at the moment, but I'm relatively sure they
> did have gtk enabled.  When building mjpegtools, or any other port, for
> that matter, I have not enabled any options, just used the default.
> Also, it would appear that  mjpegtools is enabling gtk support on your
> machine as well, at least according to your "make configure" output:
>
> configure:   - Gtk+ support for glav         : true

Ah, didn't pay attention to mine configure... I was look at
mjpegtools/Makefile as it was supposed to be disable by default in my
system when I don't have gtk12.. Surpised me that it enables and works
with gtk2 as when I ran glav. I will have to dig in mjpegtools more, then
fix Makefile/pkg-plist and bump the PORTREVISION.

Cheers,
Mezz

> As for needing avifile...  I don't think it should be needed for these
> files...  They are avi files using the mjpeg codec, which mjpegtools
> supports in software without any extra software.
>
> Adam

FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)
http://wiki.freebsd.org/multimedia  -  multimedia at FreeBSD.org