ports/86899: multimedia/mjpegtools - lavplay/glav claims "No video source!"

Adam K Kirchhoff adamk at voicenet.com
Thu Jun 29 18:54:15 UTC 2006

Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 12:48:33 -0500, Adam K Kirchhoff
> <adamk at voicenet.com> wrote:
>
>> Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>>>
>>> Umm, how about you try to compile without that pentium4? That pentium4
>>> is pretty well known to break a few of apps. Try to do the 'make
>>> patch' then hack in configure at around 27312 line and reinstall it.
>>>
>>> Change from:
>>> ========================
>>> CFLAGS="$ARCHFLAGS $CFLAGS"
>>> CXXFLAGS="$ARCHFLAGS $CXXFLAGS"
>>> ========================
>>>
>>> to:
>>> ========================
>>> CFLAGS="$CFLAGS"
>>> CXXFLAGS="$CXXFLAGS"
>>> ========================
>>>
>>> If it does solve your problem, then I shall add a patch to remove that
>>> cpuinfo.sh stuff.
>>>

>> No luck, but I wasn't really expecting it to work.  I've experienced
>> this problem on both a dual P3 and an AthlonXP, in addition to this
>> machine.
>
> Strange. Do your other machines have gtk enable? Only thing that
> difference from your and mine is that I don't enable gtk stuff. Did
> you tweak any option in aviplay? I don't know if your avi needs
> aviplay, but asking in case.

I can't get access to them at the moment, but I'm relatively sure they
did have gtk enabled.  When building mjpegtools, or any other port, for
that matter, I have not enabled any options, just used the default.
Also, it would appear that  mjpegtools is enabling gtk support on your
machine as well, at least according to your "make configure" output:

configure:   - Gtk+ support for glav         : true

As for needing avifile...  I don't think it should be needed for these
files...  They are avi files using the mjpeg codec, which mjpegtools
supports in software without any extra software.

Adam