Intel High Definition driver updates

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Sun Jul 16 14:24:06 UTC 2006

On Thu, 06 Jul 2006 22:49:05 -0700
4Front Technologies <dev at opensound.com> wrote:

> We're happy to announce OSS v3.99.4b for FreeBSD 6.1 (x86/amd64) and we've
> finally mananged to get the Sigmatel STAC92xx (found in Intel 945DPT, Apple
> Mac Book and several other laptops) working satisfactorily. The drivers
> support RealTek, CMedia, Sigmatel and Analog Devices HD Audio codecs. Support
> for Intel, ULI, VIA, ATI, Nvidia and SiS HD controllers (south bridge) is
> also provided by the drivers.
>
> We are interested in getting reports of the drivers working on various
> hardware combinations. The software is available at
> http://www.opensound.com/download.cgi
>
> OSS drivers are free for personal use and include a non-commercial license.
>

> best  regards
>
> Dev Mazumdar
> 4Front Technologies
> 4035 Lafayette Place, Unit F, Culver City, CA 90232, USA.
> Tel: (310) 202 8530		URL: www.opensound.com
> Fax: (310) 202 0496 		Email: info at opensound.com

Hi Dev,
thanks for this release. I just tried it, but I still have the same issues as
was having with 3994a - panic on a non-maskable interrupt trap.

Last msg on /var/log/messages seems to have been:
Jul 17 00:07:02 ayiin kernel: hdaudio: RIRB timeout

I have a complete kernel dump of the event - please let me know ASAP if you are
interested in it.

Laptop : Thinkpad Z60M

the card is:
none0 at pci0:27:0:        class=0x040300 card=0x05b71014 chip=0x26688086 rev=0x03
hdr=0x00 vendor   = 'Intel Corporation'
    device   = '82801FB/FR/FW/FRW Intel High DefiNition Audio Controller'
    class    = multimedia

and it works quite ok with the initial drivers sent independently to the list
by other developers (Thanks Andrea, Daniel et al involved! )

Cheers,
Beto