Intel High Definition driver updates

m.apitz at oclcpica.org m.apitz at oclcpica.org
Sat Jul 8 10:37:03 UTC 2006

El día Thursday, July 06, 2006 a las 10:49:05PM -0700, 4Front Technologies escribió:

> We're happy to announce OSS v3.99.4b for FreeBSD 6.1 (x86/amd64) and we've
> finally mananged to get the Sigmatel STAC92xx (found in Intel 945DPT, Apple
> Mac
> Book and several other laptops) working satisfactorily. The drivers support
> RealTek, CMedia, Sigmatel and Analog Devices HD Audio codecs. Support for
> Intel,
> ULI, VIA, ATI, Nvidia and SiS HD controllers (south bridge) is also
> provided by
> the drivers.
>
> We are interested in getting reports of the drivers working on various
> hardware combinations. The software is available at
> http://www.opensound.com/download.cgi
>
> OSS drivers are free for personal use and include a non-commercial license.

I followed the hint of Dev Mazumdar and tried the installation on
a laptop running FreeBSD 6.0-REL. Installation and configuration runs
fine and /usr/local/lib/oss/bin/osstest plays the sound on /dev/dsp1.

KDE's artsd (sound server) from time to time raises an error message
box saying:

	AudioSubSystem::handleIO: write failed
	len = -1, can_write = 8, errno = 35 (Resource temporarily unavailable)

which terminates the daemon and KDE restarts it. Is there something
to debug this or help to debug it. Thx

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz
Manager Technical Support - OCLC PICA GmbH