snd_solo does it work?

Kevin Downey redchin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 25 20:54:03 PST 2006

I have an old i-series (made by acer) thinkpad.
%cat /dev/sndstat
FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm)
Installed devices:
pcm0: <ESS Solo-1 (unknown vendor)> at io 0x7000,0x7080,0x70c0 irq 5 kld
snd_solo (1p/1r/0v channels duplex default)
%
but no sound. snd_solo is the only drive that gives me this and it is the
one that sticks if I kldload snd_driver.ko

 I am not sure as to its exact sound chip, since it is a japanese model and
I could not really find anything with matching specs on what I do know on
thinkwiki. I had sound working about a year and a half ago but of course I
blew that install away along with all its configs.  this thread suggest
there was some problem with the snd_solo driver:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-multimedia/2006-January/003425.html
The links to the patch files no longer work.

Is there any more current information on the status of snd_solo?

--
The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred.