snd_solo broken after big MFC to RELENG_6

Simon Barner barner at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jan 3 15:00:00 PST 2006

> How about enabling vchans? Try to enable that first and see whether
> that should help. If not, try this patch:
>
>   http://people.freebsd.org/~ariff/test/solo.c.diff

Hello Ariff,

thanks for the quick reply :-) Unfortuantely, neither enabling vchans nor
your patch helped me.

I did the following to enable vchans:

# kldunload snd_solo.ko
# sysctl hw.snd.maxautovchans=2
# kldload snd_solo.ko

pcm0: <ESS Solo-1 (unknown vendor)> port 0xb000-0xb03f,0xb400-0xb40f,0xb800-0xb80f,0xbc00-0xbc03,0xc000-0xc003 irq 10 at device 20.0 on pci0
pcm0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
pcm0: vchan_create(pcm0:play:0) == -1

The same happens for other values (I tried 1 and 5), and when I reboot the
system and load the module and set the sysctl from loader.conf

Your patch didn't make any difference (same error with vchans). I also tried
removing other output formats, leaving me with either of AFMT_S16_LE
AFMT_STEREO | AFMT_S16_LE (I also tried various other combinations) gave me
the same error about vchan_create.

--
Best regards / Viele Grüße,                             barner at FreeBSD.org
 Simon Barner                                                barner at gmx.de