MythTV port - status report

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no
Mon Dec 25 16:34:43 PST 2006

On Mon, 25 Dec 2006 00:00:44 +0100
Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no> wrote:

> It seems tha MythTV has ... well, problems to communicate with the
> backend.

Ok, I have investigated this problem a litle further.
I have found the following:
- all three of mythtv-setup, mythfilldatabase and mythfrontend have
  this problem
- different ip address configuration in mythtv-setup doesn't change
  anything. I can use '127.0.0.1', 'localhost' or the real ip address of
  my server (it has to be the same in mythfrontend of course).
- I have checked the database with mysqlcheck - it is ok.

All I find on Google (when searching for Mythsocket problems and
related terms) is references to wrong ip addresses, blocked ports and so
on. Obviously, since everything is on the same machine, none of these
things apply in my situation. To be sure, I have
checked /etc/hosts.allow - it doesn't block anything.

Currently installing mythtv on an i386 machine, just to see if I get
the same troubles there. It haven't got a TV card (and no space for one
either) so I'm unsure about how much I can test.
we'll see.
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen,