Sound Control

David Wassman myfreebsd at cox.net
Mon Sep 19 21:18:03 PDT 2005

On Monday 19 September 2005 08:51 pm, Michael Seyfert wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 08:12:57PM -0400, David Wassman wrote:
> > I cannot get any application that I run to control the volume. I get
> > sound but am not able to adust the volume level. So far the following
> > apps have shown
>
> Please give ports/audio/emu10kx a try.

Mike,

Thanks for the info. Tried the emu10kx driver and after some fiddling to get
the sound working through emuctrl, I am back at the same problem. I still
cannot adjust the volume in the programs themselfs (other than thru running a
konsole and issuing emuctrl commands).

Any ideas? It would be great to get at least kmix working.

Surprisingly, Amarok has no problem in adjusting the sound.

Again, much appreciation for any help.
David