As promised: Soft volume mixer controller

Ariff Abdullah skywizard at MyBSD.org.my
Tue Sep 13 19:11:53 PDT 2005

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 03:59:27 +0200
Michael Nottebrock <lofi at freebsd.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday, 14. September 2005 02:22, Ariff Abdullah wrote:
> > Michael Nottebrock <lofi at freebsd.org> wrote:
> >
> > > That one works for me. Thanks, it's cool having a an actual
> > > working volume  control again after all this time. :-)
> >
> > Great! Thanks for the feedback :)
>
> I spoke too soon I'm afraid - with your patch applied, vchans are very
> broken  for me now. It seems like only one vchan works at any given
> time, trying to  use other vchans concurrently while one of the other
> virtual devices is open  fails in mysterious ways (some of the virtual
> devices are busy although they  are not opened by anything, others can
> be opened but applications trying to  use them just block).
>
> I also found these messages
>
> pcm0:virtual:0: play interrupt timeout, channel dead
>
> in dmesg after I had found out the above.

Can you revisit sys/dev/sound/pcm/ac97.c, look for
ac97_fix_volume(codec); , and comment or remove it? I just want to make
sure it is the fault of feeder volume, not something else.

--

Ariff Abdullah
MyBSD

http://www.MyBSD.org.my (IPv6/IPv4)