As promised: Soft volume mixer controller

Michael Nottebrock lofi at freebsd.org
Tue Sep 13 18:59:39 PDT 2005

On Wednesday, 14. September 2005 02:22, Ariff Abdullah wrote:
> Michael Nottebrock <lofi at freebsd.org> wrote:
>
> > That one works for me. Thanks, it's cool having a an actual working
> > volume  control again after all this time. :-)
>
> Great! Thanks for the feedback :)

I spoke too soon I'm afraid - with your patch applied, vchans are very broken
for me now. It seems like only one vchan works at any given time, trying to
use other vchans concurrently while one of the other virtual devices is open
fails in mysterious ways (some of the virtual devices are busy although they
are not opened by anything, others can be opened but applications trying to
use them just block).

I also found these messages

pcm0:virtual:0: play interrupt timeout, channel dead

in dmesg after I had found out the above.

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org