digital TV cards [was: problems with bktr0 and cheap TV card FlyVideo]

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no
Wed Oct 26 09:21:09 PDT 2005

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 03:53:14 +0200
Thomas Gutzler <thomas.gutzler at ee.uwa.edu.au> wrote:

> Unfortunately, I have very litte experience in writing drivers.

Mee too. :-)
I try to help out where I can, testing stuff, filling out PR and so on.
Th main challenge for me (and for many others I guess) is to find enough
free time for these things. Well, winter is coming here in Norway,
hopefully this means that infoor / home activities will increase. :)

> I want to keep my FreeBSD running.

Me too. At the same time, I really wanted to try out MythTV and / or
Freevo, and had a spare machine. Installing KnoppMyth on it was easy,
getting it all together (ie. my hardware including the PVR-500 card)
took a bit more effort. And lots of reading.

> Freevo works nice for me. It runs its own webserver which shows tv
> guide and available musik/videos/other stuff. The tv guide has a
> 'record' option so the you can schedule recording. It's starting up
> into X and has a multimedia center-like GUI. Currently I can use it

Sounds quite like MythTV.
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen,