digital TV cards [was: problems with bktr0 and cheap TV card FlyVideo]

Thomas Gutzler thomas.gutzler at ee.uwa.edu.au
Tue Oct 25 18:53:18 PDT 2005

Am Tue, 25.Oct.2005 um  9:55:11 +0200 schraubte Torfinn Ingolfsen:
> On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 03:14:51 +0200
> Thomas Gutzler <thomas.gutzler at ee.uwa.edu.au> wrote:
>
> > I want to use it with freevo (or does mythtv work yet?) for watching
>
> Well, sort of. There is a port: http://mythtv.son.org/
> but further development seems to have stalled. The challenge is
> getting more cards supported.
> Personally, I would like to split a port of MythTV in
> two parts: one for MythTV Frontend, and one for MythTV backend.

Unfortunately, I have very litte experience in writing drivers.

> > and recording tv and of course showing the recorded stuff.
>
> FWIW, I'm running MythTV on Debian (Linux) with a Hauppauge PVR-500 card
> on an old box. It is a great tool, and once you have it set up, it is
> very easy to use.

I want to keep my FreeBSD running.
Freevo works nice for me. It runs its own webserver which shows tv guide
and available musik/videos/other stuff. The tv guide has a 'record'
option so the you can schedule recording. It's starting up into X and
has a multimedia center-like GUI. Currently I can use it for music
playback but I'd really like to get the digital TV up and running, too.

tom
--
Hail to the sun god
He sure is a fun god