external sound card under FreeBSD 5.4

Tue Nov 22 19:42:38 GMT 2005

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 16:50:15 +0000
Evgeny Solovyov <a.n.s.i at gmx.net> wrote:

> > Notes:
> >  - I have a Creative USB device myself and it works just fine (in
> >    -current).
>
> Hi!
>
> Which one have you?
>
> I applied a patch from http://people.freebsd.org/~ariff/ (Thank you Ariff)

I don't think Ariff added the USB parts yet...

Maybe you can just take the uaudio files from -current and use them on
6.0 after applying Ariff's patch. But be careful, I haven't tested
this, and I don't remember if there's an incompatible change between
-current and 6.0.

> and hier is what i have:

> uaudio0: Creative Technology Ltd SB Audigy 2 NX, rev 1.10/1.00, addr 2

It's a "Creative Technology SB Live! 24-bit External".

Bye,
Alexander.

--
            It is easier to fix Unix than to live with NT.