trying to convert mpeg2 to dv

Arne Wörner arne_woerner at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 4 10:45:57 PST 2005

--- Dieter <freebsd at sopwith.solgatos.com> wrote:
> > I personally like mencoder/mplayer... But I do not know, if it
> > knows DV format... Mencoder seems to use free MS Windows
> > executables (DLLs or so?), if I understood that right...
>
> mplayer can input DV but I don't see any way to get mplayer
> to output DV?

The package name is mplayer, so that I added it...

> mencoder looks more promising:
> [...]
> I don't know what this frameno.avi file is supposed to be?

I dont know either...

> I'm not sure if "-oac copy" is the right thing to specify?

I usually use "-oac mp3lame"... But copy should be fine, too...

> Once again I get a seg fault.  :-(

*oops*

I just executed
% mencoder -endpos 5 -oac mp3lame -ovc libdv -o /tmp/f+ck.dv
dvd://1
and
% mencoder -endpos 5 -oac mp3lame -ovc libdv -o /tmp/f_ck.dv
/tmp/f+ck.dv
successfully...

Maybe your source file is evil or from a parallel world, where DV
format is somehow evil (take from Futurama/Farnsworth's Parabox)?

Bye
Arne
---
Farnsworth: "Professy will help you." (taken from Futurama/When
The World Stood Stupid)