lxdvdrip

Chuck Robey chuckr at chuckr.org
Tue May 3 11:06:06 PDT 2005

I have just installed this, but it's does nothing, just sits there.  I
can't tell if it starts something which dies quite immediately, but as
soon as I can look at ps, it's doing nothing at all, just sitting there
sleeping, starting nothing else.

I wonder if it's not that the port says it' depends on a thing called
dvdwizard.  I can't yet find one of these in ports, so I wonder if it's
not a missing dependency.

Anyhow, the readme in the lxdvdrip port says that you can fetch
dvdwizard at http://www.wershofen.de/downloads/dvdwizard.tar.gz, and lo
and behold, it fetches, all right.

Looks like it needs this port to work, i think.  I'll know later on this
afternoon.