Mplayer byteswap and adevice support

Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira lioux-list at uol.com.br
Tue May 3 08:55:54 PDT 2005

Hi,

	I did some patching to mplayer to have it use FreeBSD's
byteswap routines instead of defaulting to binary shifting macros.

	The patches are:

files/patch-bswap.h
files/patch-libavcodec-bswap.h
files/patch-libmpdvdkit2-bswap.h
files/patch-libmpdvdkit2-bswap.h

	Aside from that, I began a very naive work to add the
-tv adevice command line option to FreeBSD. It's mostly a cut-and-paste
which I know is not nearly enough to get anything done. Does anyone
vonluteer to work on this one?

	My sample port can be found at

http://people.FreeBSD.org/~lioux/mplayer.tgz

	Perhaps, Mr. Henrich can be of assistance on this matter.

	Also, I would very much like to help adding ring buffer
support to the FreeBSD capture. Since we also do not support the
-tv buffersize option.

	Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
Furthermore, we could arrange to join efforts on working with both
the latest mplayer and the latest cvs ffmpeg since they share most
of the BrookTree capture code. Since this affects all users of the
ffmpeg libraries, I am CC:ing this email to the most important
FreeBSD ffmpeg dependent ports.

	The 2 latest working samples of the ffmpeg cvs port
lies at

1 - build and works
port            -> ffmpeg-cvs-20050427.tar.gz
distfile        -> ffmpeg-devel-20050427.tar.gz
2 - does not build, it breaks when trying to build the bktr(4)
    grabbing code. I'll appreciate help fixing it
port            -> ffmpeg-cvs-20050502.tar.gz
distfile        -> ffmpeg-devel-20050502.tar.gz

	Regards,

--
Mario S F Ferreira - DF - Brazil - "I guess this is a signature."
feature, n: a documented bug | bug, n: an undocumented feature