saa7134 tv tuner

Юрий ruscit at mail.ru
Sat Mar 19 18:56:08 PST 2005

Hello  freebsd-multimedia

I have an Avermedia  AverTV 307 studio  tv tuner (saa 7134 chip) and
I cant make it work on my Freebsd 5.3
I have downloaded the driver and applications from
http://download.purpe.com mentioned on the mailing list
and the system seems to recognize the card
dmesg:
saa0: <Phillips SAA7134 AV broadcast decoder> mem 0xff9ffc00-0xff9fffff irq 19 at device 3.0 on pci2
iicbus0: <SAA713x I2C Controller> on saa0
*just that*

but when I start TV viewing applications - ftvv , xawtv
I get a black screen
I tried to load additional kernel modules like
iic, pcf but it didnt make any difference

What can be done?