Support for Soundblaster Live! 24-bit?

Conrad J. Sabatier conrads at cox.net
Sun Jun 19 19:46:20 GMT 2005

I recently installed an evaluation copy of Windows XP Professional
Edition for x64 on one of my drives (mainly for the purpose of setting
up some MIDI apps, such as Cakewalk), and after checking out the current
list of available drivers for the various Soundblaster cards, found
that the basic Soundblaster Live! cards don't have a driver as of yet
(one is supposed to become available soon), but that the Soundblaster
Live! 24- bit (which does look like a rather nice card, in fact), does
already have a driver available.

So, I'm wondering about the support for this card under FreeBSD.  Is it
already supported, or will it be in the near future?  I'd really like
to make sure that whatever new card I buy, it will work under both OSes.

Thanks.

--
Conrad J. Sabatier <conrads at cox.net> -- "In Unix veritas"