Massive sound changes / fix (24/32bit pcm support, new sampling rate converter, various fixes)

Thu Jul 14 08:31:17 GMT 2005

Ariff Abdullah <skywizard at MyBSD.org.my> wrote:

> and perhaps incompatibilities. Talking about incompatibilities,
> first, our mixer infrastructure need to be revamped. It's just too
> old, too crude to handle modern soundcards. Pretty hard to tame it,
> really, yet possible.

I don't object to have our own mixer interface, but we really need to have
compatibility-shims for OSS. And if the new OSS interface suits most of our
needs, we should use it and talk with the OSS developers how to extend it
for additional features so we can agree to a common API.

Bye,
Alexander.

The IBM purchase of ROLM gives new meaning to the term "twisted pair".
		-- Howard Anderson, "Yankee Group"