external sound card under FreeBSD 5.4

Sandor Z Nemeth nemeths at for.mat.bham.ac.uk
Mon Dec 12 01:58:53 PST 2005

Hi,

I have FreeBSD 6.0 and I do not know how to record. Although my mixer
setting is

Mixer speaker  is currently set to 100:100
Mixer line     is currently set to 100:100
Recording source: mic

I tried to use audacity. When clicking the record button the computer gets
freezed, and the only solution is reboot.

Since multimedia is one of the most difficult issues under free operating
systems, I would like to learn more about it.

Thanks,
Sandor

Dr Sandor Zoltan Nemeth
Lecturer