xawtv questions

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at people.tecnik93.com
Mon Aug 1 09:06:08 GMT 2005

On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 07:53:58 +0200
Karel Miklav <karel at inetis.com> wrote:

> Ion-Mihai Tetcu wrote:
> > There are two minor but annoying thing that bothers me:
> >
> > - on start xawtv / motv changes the channel to the first one listed
> > in ~/.xawtv;  and it's a xawtv problem, since I can hear the "old"
> > channel for a second or so on start.
>
> I'm forced into using xawtv/motv at the moment, as I still haven't
> solved the mplayer/sound issue. But - I' don't expect anything from
> this program, if it works, great, if not, one more good reason not to
> watch the tv.

Hehe, so I'm not the only one who didn't found useful to spend money o
a tv set :)

I just discovered how to make mplayer work with my card, i.e.
mplayer -tv driver=bsdbt848:device=/dev/vbi:input=1:norm=PAL:chanlist=europe-east:audioid=1 tv://S23
will play BBCWorld

Strangely input should be 0 according to docs bu that gives a blue
screen.

BTW, how can one write the channel list in mplayer's conf file ?

> > - I have to select select each time the sound source
> > (internal/external since tuner doesn't seem to provide anything); I
> > haven't found a way to set the sound source in xawtv docs.
>
> There's nothing in the docs, I guess it just works for some cards. I
> made a little change in the sources, if you want to see it I can send
> it later.

Please do. I start looking in the sources, both motv and bktr, but I'm
still missing something (actually I know how to force audio source
modifying bktr sources, which "strangely" are easier to understand but
that isn't the right solution).

This will be twice useful as I'm working on a port for XdTV, which
doesn't support setting the audio source at all, and this is the last
big thing to fix.

--
IOnut
Unregistered ;) FreeBSD "user"