Some bugs and patches

Arne Wörner arne_woerner at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 20 06:56:47 PDT 2005

> After having sorted out the PR's one item remains, and that is
> the problem
> with my AC97 compatible sound-device. Has anyone verified that
> recording
> works with AC97?

I do not know so much about sound devices... But my kernel says
something about AC97 and I record each day several hours from the
cd-in connector and I tested the microphone connector some months
ago (both works/worked fine).

Here is what my kernel says:
neo kernel: pcm0: <VIA VT8235> port 0xe000-0xe0ff irq 7 at device
17.5 on pci0
neo kernel: pcm0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
neo kernel: pcm0: <VIA Technologies VIA1612A AC97 Codec>

There is just one thing: I have two TV cards. Each TV card on one
channel of CD-IN. Loud, high-frequency sound copies somehow to the
other channel. I do not know why... But that is most likely an
encoding problem (I use oggenc), or my wires are not connected
arte legis. :-)) Or not?

-Arne