Getting the hauppage pvr250 card working under 5.2

Tim Aslat tim at spyderweb.com.au
Wed May 19 15:05:17 PDT 2004

In the immortal words of Will Saxon <wills at housing.ufl.edu>...
> Has anyone gotten theirs to work reliably at all? I have a PVR350 and
> have not been able to get it to do anything useful consistently in
> FreeBSD, linux or Windows 2000. Overall I'd have to say I am
> disappointed with the purchase.

I have, thanks to John Wehle's efforts.  I'm using it to capture Hi res
PAL video for a security project I've been working on.  Works
beautifully.  Maybe you need to check which chipset it's using.  Mine
has the LG Innotek chipset which Took John a couple of days of much
appreciated effort to get working, but it's been pretty much flawless
since he finished.

What software have you been using to try and get it to work?

Cheers

Tim

--
Tim Aslat <tim at spyderweb.com.au>