sound recording question with wavrec

Werner Rips wrips at kordel.de
Thu Mar 18 22:46:28 PST 2004

Hello all,

AMD CPU on K7S5A board with onboard sound
FreeBSD 4.9

Try to record my favorite vinyl records into wave files.
I connect the lineout of the stereo to the linein of the pc.
When i start playing i get the sound signal on the lineout of the pc so
i can listen to that sound (speakers connected).
Now i start wavrec, but the resulting .wav file contains no sound even
if all mixer channels are set to 75:75.
The only way i get some sound into .wav file is when i connect the
lineout of the stereo to the mic in of  the pc.
But that's very bad quality and no stereo signal even if i set wavrec -S
-s 44100 -b 16.

Please tell me how to adjust wavrec that it records from linein.

Thanks in advance
Werner